Initially, my thoughts on how to eat sausages were nothing but common: throw them into a hot wok, fry them and enjoy them as a side dish; preferably with chips. That was always enough to have your taste buds screaming for more but after a recent trip to Farmers Choice my take was shifted when I learnt there’s more than one way to cook up a delicious meal while incorporating beef sausages. They are fun and easy to make. Try them out!!
1. Beef Sausages Lyonnaise
Here’s a new way of having mashed potatoes or bananas. This method of cooking uses a few ingredients and makes your dish just as tasty.
Get the recipe: beef sausages lyonnaise
2. Sausage with Onions, Tomatoes, Peppers and Cream
With your sausages ready, all you have to do is:
- Cook sausages till golden brown and remove them from the pan.
- Put garlic first then onions and cook till brown. Add the tomatoes and sliced bell peppers to simmer.
- Add the sausages and let the liquid reduce.
- Lower the heat and add fresh cream. Bring back to simmer.
- Remove and serve with potatoes or rice.
3. Low Fat Beef Sausages with Vegetables
This combo really works. The best part is, you can be as experimental as possible with your vegetables.
Get the recipe: sausages with vegetables
4. Nice & Easy Sausages with Beans
This is a quick recipe for a lazy cook or for those who don’t want to spend a lot of time preparing lunch or dinner. In two easy steps, do the following:
- Take 200 grams of beef chipolatas and cut them into pieces and add one tin of baked beans.
- Heat them under low heat for 30 minutes.
5. Sausage Casserole Rice
This is one of the most ideal family dinners. With nutrients and time-saving in check, there’s no way the kids won’t love this. This dish is best straight away so that they take it hot.
Get the recipe: sausage casserole rice
6. Sausage in Parsley Sauce
Parsley sauce adds a unique flavour to your sausages and that’s what you want as a consistent consumer of sausages. Here’s a simple recipe:
- Cook your beef sausages in a little oil till golden brown. Turn off the heat and rest the sausages in the pan.
- Prepare your parsley sauce.
- Melt 100g of butter in a pan and remove from heat.
- Add 100g of plain flour and mix well.
- Add a litre of milk into the flour and butter drop by drop and mix to avoid any lumps.
- Return to the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley and bring back to heat.
- Pour contents onto the pan with sausages.
- Add a little salt if required and serve.
7. Devilled Sausages
Devilled sausages are another popular yet simple way of making your sausages. Here’s a simple recipe:
- Take one packet of Farmer’s Choice Value Pack Beef Sausages and fry for 6 minutes till golden brown.
- Add mustard and sweet chutney to the pan. Ensure that the sausages do not burn.
- Let the contents reduce till sticky and avoid burning.
- Remove and serve with rice.
8. Sausage & Courgette Kebabs
Do you want your kids to learn how to cook? You can start with simple recipes such as this one. You get the chance to interact with them and remind them to use a little bit of everything to moderation. Unless of course, it’s the sausages.
Get the recipe: sausage and courgette kebabs
Pile into a serving dish and arrange sausages on top.
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!