Remember our July obsession? Answer: chilli. We’re obsessing over tacos this August. Hungry yet? You should be. Tacos are a fave for most people because they’re easy to make and very filling as well. We’re not just about enjoying good food, we care for your health. Aha, that’s why we have keto breakfast taco for you.
Ketogenic diets are essentially low carb diets. These kinds of diet aim at reducing carb intake and increasing fat intake to boost the body’s metabolism which is why they’re the go-to diet options for losing weight and staying healthier. Hitting the gym? This is a safe breakfast option. Tired of the same ‘ol breakfast? This keto breakfast taco will provide a refreshing touch to your palate.
You can prepare this keto breakfast taco and have it any other time other than in the morning. For dinner or lunch, you can double up the ingredients to have more portion. Guess what, you can enjoy your taco with a glass of sangria. Yup!
450g of ground beef
2/3 cup of water
10 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese
1/4 cup of heavy cream
1 tomato, diced
1 medium avocado, cubed
2 green onions, sliced
1 jalapeno, sliced
2 tablespoons of cilantro
vegetable oil for cooking
tortilla wraps for serving
- Heat a large pan and add vegetable oil.
- Add the beef and cook until it turns brown.
- Stir in water and sauce of your choice and let it simmer until the thick sauce covers the meat.
- Remove half the seasoned meat and set aside.
- Add a cup of cheddar cheese and cream to the beaten eggs and whisk.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the meat that remained in the pan and then stir to combine.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until it’s baked through and fluffy.
- Top with the remaining beef, cheddar cheese, avocado, green onion.
- Garnish with jalapeno and cilantro.
- Warm your tortilla wraps and make your keto breakfast taco.
Prepare this in advance for a less hectic morning. You can keep this in the fridge for a few days before use.
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!