No this not some form of prank but Pepsi has decided to ventured into the mobile phone industry. With rumors flying around over the past month of Pepsi plans to introduce a phone under its brand name, the Pepsi Phone P1 with the famous logo on the back is finally official.
Pepsi has partnered with a Chinese company Shenzhen Scooby Communication Equipment who manufacturers the phone. The phone has an aluminum unibody house with a 5.5″ 1080p screen (with 2.5D glass) and an octa-core MT6592 chipset. The phone will run on a software called dido OS which is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop.
Pepsi Phone P1s specs will include:
- 5-inch 1080p 2.5D display
- 7 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor / Mali 450-MP4 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage w/ micro SD expansion
- Dual SIM slot
- Android 5.1 Lollipop (dido OS 6.1 custom UI)
- 13MP rear camera
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.1 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3,000mAh battery
- Dimensions: 152.2 x 76.2 x 7.7mm – 158g
The phone is not available outside China at the moment but if you know any around china they can easily buy for you via JD.com for $110 (KSH 11000 inclusive of tax). The P1 will come with a charger, cable and a protective case.