Prep Time: 10min
Ready In: 20min
Pretty much the perfect appetizer or brunch plan. These beautiful tomato and feta tarts are a vegetarian-friendly option for any type of entertaining setup. Packed with flavour in every single bite it’s a great way to make use of ready-made puff pastry. At times the idea of making puff pastry from scratch can be a bit daunting. This recipe right here is a great way to start experimenting with pastry. With a few simple ingredients, you’ll have a fancy looking tart in no time made in your own kitchen!
Ingredients (Makes 6 Tarts)
- 1 Sheet Puff pastry (Lions ready made)
- 200gms Cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 Yellow bell pepper chopped
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp Pesto
- 125gms Fettah Cheese sliced
- 3 Sprigs Thyme
- 1 Egg
- Dry Rub
- Preheat oven to 200 ̊C degrees. Unfold the sheet of puff pastry onto a clean working surface and cut into 6 rectangles. Transfer them onto a baking tray then with a small knife, lightly score a border 1/4 inch from edges. Refrigerate for 15 mins
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, olive oil, and thyme, season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat 1 large egg and brush border of each pastry rectangle. Spread 1⁄2 tsp pesto on the pastry, staying within the border. Pile the tomato mixture, and some feta cheese slices onto each rectangle.
- Bake until tarts are golden brown and tomatoes have softened for 15 to 20 mins. Serve immediately and enjoy!
For more exciting recipes, follow Yummy Magazine!