Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- 1kg fresh cream cheese
- 500 ml fresh yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 750gms white chocolate
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp drinking chocolate
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier
- 3 tsp orange essence
- 2 packets orange crunch biscuits ( approx 24 small biscuits)
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 8 milk chocolate Ferrero chocolates
- 3 piece meringues
- 2 packets fresh raspberries
- Crush biscuits and add 2 tbsp drinking chocolate. Melt butter in a pan and add the mixture above, stirring until combined. Add to a greased cake tin, pressing lightly to create an even surface. Place in the freezer.
- For your cheesecake filling, beat the cream cheese then add icing sugar, egg yolks and yoghurt and continue combining.
- Beat egg whites separately then add to the mixture. Divide evenly into three bowls.
- Bowl 1: mix orange essence and Grand Marnier.
- Bowl 2: melt white chocolate and as it is cooling, add together with the vanilla essence.
- Bowl 3: add remaining cocoa and drinking chocolate.
- Place raspberries into the base of cake tin. Add a layer of bowl 2, spreading evenly over the raspberries.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes then add bowl 3 and spread gently.
- Place back in freezer for 10 minutes. Crush the ferreros and meringues into rough chunks then
- Add a thin layer to mixture. Finally, add bowl 1 and chill for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish as desired and serve.
From cooking in Timau to stirring up a storm at Naibor Tented Camp, Sandy will take you on various culinary adventures. Her goal is to put Kenya on the global culinary map coupled with the urge to re-create and share happy childhood memories. Her recipes will remind you what everyday gourmet is all about. Sandy’s chocolate cheesecake recipe plays around with its complementary flavours and is an intricate slice of heavenly delight guaranteed to satisfy any sweet tooth.