Eggs are a staple in everyone’s meals and regardless of how many times a week you eat it, we can comfortably assume that you have never tried it with cheese from Cheese Love Kenya. Besides the wide range and great taste, the cheeses from Cheese Love Kenya are so affordable that you never have to worry about saving up just to get some good gouda. Try out this simple recipe that combines two classic favourites for a quick meal that just might become a regular snack.
- ¼ cup grated Cheese Love pizza cheese
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- 4 spicy sausages
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Chopped Coriander
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Start off by cooking the sausages. Slice them once they have cooled down and set aside.
- Heat a pan and add three tablespoons of oil plus the chopped onion and garlic to start cooking on medium
- low heat.
- When the onions begin to become translucent, wash and grate in the tomatoes and mix well.
- Follow by adding the tomato paste, the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook for 2-4 minutes for the sauce to thicken.
- Once sauce is thick, make room for the eggs by making three small holes in the sauce.
- Follow by cracking an egg in a cup and then adding one to each space on the pan (By cracking the eggs directly in the pan, there is a higher chance of the shell dropping in the sauce and you do not want crunchy eggs)
- After a few minutes, add the sausage slices in the spaces left. Leave the eggs to cook to your liking at low heat (with lid) without turning or mixing. Sprinkle some grated cheese on the eggs and leave to melt for about 1 minute.
- Another option is putting the sauce in a baking dish with the eggs and cheese and baking in a pre-heated oven for 5-7 minutes. It all depends on preference.
- Serve with toast and garnish with fresh coriander.
Click here to see how Jasmine Macharia aka Cooking with Jaz made it during our live stream with Cheese Love Kenya.