Urban Gourmet's Falafel Patty Recipe
- 250g chickpeas
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 burger buns
- Drain, rinse and dry chickpeas. Pulse in a processor until broken into crumbs.
- Add herbs, flour, spices and seasoning until combined. Gently form mixture into 2 cm thick patties.
- Heat the oil and fry the falafels on each side until golden. Toast under the grill.
- Spread each side of the burger buns with dip or hummus and pop the remaining bun on top.