For the salad:
- 1 head or 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ bunch or 1 cup chopped kale
- ⅔ Cup chopped Persian or English cucumbers
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 10 mint leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons torn parsley
For the dressing:
- ½ clove garlic, grated
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ⅓ Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper and sumac
For the za’atar flatbread:
- 2 spelt flatbreads
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons za’atar
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 220°C.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the garlic clove, lemon juice, and olive oil, and season to taste with salt, pepper, and sumac. Set aside.
- Brush one side of each the flatbread with olive oil and season with the za’atar and flaky salt. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, or until browned and crispy like a cracker. Use your hands to roughly break them into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the salad with the dressing, season to taste with more salt, pepper, and sumac as needed, and top with crushed flatbread.