You, yes you, probably fall into these three categories of foodies: you either a full vegetarian, an “as long as it tastes good” kind of veggie or you just outright don’t like vegetarian dishes, least of all for breakfast. Whatever category you fall under, we’re building a case for a vegetarian taco, especially, for breakfast.
A healthy vegetarian breakfast is a great way to start your day because; you give your body needed nutrients, promote weight maintenance and, for good measure, enjoy a savoury breakfast.
Share this vegetarian taco recipe with your friends and you’ll see that most of them approve. For those that don’t, encourage them to come back here and check out more taco recipes and find the ones that work for them.
2 teaspoons of extra virgin oil
85g of cheddar cheese, grated
freshly ground black pepper
3/4 canned black beans
1 avocado, pitted and diced
- Heat a large pan with the olive oil over medium heat.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and pour them over the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Break the yolks with a spatula and continue to cooking in low heat, stirring continuously.
- Add the cheese when the eggs are almost cooked and stir to melt.
- Remove the eggs from the heat.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 2 minutes and lay them for serving.
- Pour the canned beans over the tortilla, top with the egg mixture and avocado.
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!