Watermelon on its own is refreshing and sweet. Ginger is the element added to your dawa to give it that extra kick. What happens when you put together these two delicious ingredients is you get a drink that not only tastes good but is great for your body as well.
The list of health benefits is long. Watermelon ginger juice is:
- abundant with antioxidants
- filled with the healing properties of ginger
- great for boosting your immune system
- great for your heart!
With the bipolar Nairobi weather, you never know when the flu or a cold might be around the corner so make this watermelon ginger juice your new morning (or afternoon) drink.
Refreshing Watermelon Ginger Juice
2 cups of watermelon, diced and de-seeded
1 inch of fresh ginger
3 ice cubes
Mint leaves (for garnish)
- Place the diced watermelon, with or without seeds, ginger and ice-cubes in your NutriBullet or blender.
- Blend for about 15-20 seconds until fully combined.
- Using a strainer, separate the pulp and the juice.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
For more updates on the best updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!