Sorbet is one of those things I used to LOOOVE when I was in campus. I particularly loved the strawberry, lemon and water melon flavours. Just over a year ago I visited Kisumu and had really nice lime sorbet some place near the Nakumatt. With the current hot weather hitting our country this month i hope this will help you cool down a little bit
- 3/4- 1 cup of sugar ( you could also use stevia or splenda or any other diabetic sugar)
- 8 cups of watermelon
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon or lime juice
- zest of 1/2 lemon
1. In a saucepan bring water and sugar to boil. Reduce heat, simmer and stir until the sugar is dissolved completely. Set aside to cool
2. Place the water melon, lemon/lime juice and zest in a blender or food processor and puree.
3. Press the puree through a fine sieve/strainer to remove the seeds.
4. Combine the sugar syrup and watermelon juice
5. Place in an air tight container and put in the freezer for about 4 hours the remove and stir
6. Return to the freezer till firm.
7. HAPPY EATING!!