Looking for a great way to entertain your guests this weekend? This is sure to have your friends looking at you like a cocktail king once you’re done with them. After all, how many times have you seen a watermelon cocktail keg? All you need is a really great watermelon (the bigger, the better), vodka or gin depending on your preference, some sparkling rosé, a keg tap and a pair of shades to add to your cool factor.
Making a watermelon keg is pretty simple. You’ll even wonder why you hadn’t tried it from the start. This makes for a great party entertainment whenever you have guests or whenever your out on a picnic and you really want to impress. Follow this simple cocktail recipe and prepare to be the life of the party.
Makes 10 to 12 drinks
- I juicy watermelon or two if its really big party
- Sparkling Rosé
- Cut the top of the watermelon, try to keep the hole fairly small, but make sure it’s big enough to stick your hand in. Make sure you cut on an angle (like you would if you were carving a pumpkin) so you can use the top as a lid without it falling in.
- Scoop out all of the delicious insides and blend them to get the watermelon juice.
- Using a drill or a corkscrew, make a hole close to the bottom of the watermelon and screw in a PVC tap in the hole. The hole should be smaller than the taps opening so that it fits perfectly. Secure it firmly and add the watermelon juice.
- Stir in 8 ounces gin/vodka to the juice and add ice as you please.
- Add sparkling rosé before serving.
- Garnish with lime
- Stand back and let your friends praise your awesomeness.