Who said Easter treats can only be eaten on the titular day? This is the perfect sweet snack to satisfy those sugar cravings and its simple enough that you can bring your kids into the kitchen and make a whole batch for them to share with their friends.
All you need is chocolate and lots of colourful sweets for decoration. The treat gets its name from the fact that when chocolate is melted, spread on a baking sheet and cooled, it resembles tree bark. Different recipes use dark, milk or white chocolate but the name does not change.
Home chef Nixi Sandhu shared her version of this white chocolate Easter bark using her family’s secret recipe. Here’s a different take on it that we think we would be able to pull off without burning down our kitchen. Don’t forget the Fay tissues to clean up any mess.
Easy White Chocolate Easter Bark
- 2 pounds (900g) white chocolate, chopped (4 4-ounce (125g) Ghirardelli white chocolate bars)
- 1 cup small Easter candies of your choice, (candy used in this recipe: M & M’s and mini Robin Eggs)
- Sprinkles, colours that will coordinate with your candies
- Place chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-second intervals, stopping and stirring as needed until mixture is smooth.
- Spread white chocolate onto a parchment lined baking sheet to a thickness of about ¼ inch.
- Sprinkle with candies, then sprinkles. Gently press the candy so they will adhere to the chocolate as it cools.
- Let rest at room temperature until solid, about 2 hours. May place in the refrigerator to hurry the cooling process.
recipe source: thatskinnychickcanbake.