This is a recipe I came up with that is easy to follow considering the ingredients are readily available and with a little practice one can do it with eyes closed! The idea is to have the right cheese(parmesan) and when cooking with chicken, using the same pan to finish the dish so as to take up the chicken flavours from the pan. The recipe will yield 1 portion.
You need to make sure the pasta is cooked to al dente and not overcooked.
200g cooked Tagliatelle/Fettuccine Pasta(You can also use Penne)
3-4Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
100ml Heavy cream
Lemon Juice from half lemon
For the chicken
1 Chicken Breast
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Season the chicken by rubbing the salt, pepper and paprika(optional) using your fingers. Allow to rest for a few minutes and cook the chicken on a large hot pan over high heat. You will use the same pan to cook the pasta.
- Cook then turn the chicken once the first side browns. Allow the second side to brown as well. Depending with the size of the breast, the chicken would be fully cooked in 5-9 minutes.
- Chicken is cooked when it’s firm to the press and the liquid coming out is clear.
- Remove the cooked chicken and set aside to cool slightly then dice it into large chunks.
- While the chicken is cooling, put some cream and allow the chicken flavours stuck on the pan blend into the cream as it comes to simmer.
- Add the parmesan cheese and allow to melt into the cream while stirring. When melted and creamy, add a little lemon juice to make the cream a little tangy(but not too much). Taste and add if necessary.
- Add the cooked pasta and diced chicken and stir into the sauce while on medium heat and cook till the pasta is hot.
- Add a little more cream if it gets too dry.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper before serving on a suitable plate.
- Garnish with a parsley leaf and a generous amount of grated parmesan cheese.
The recipe will serve 1 LARGE hearty portion.
Chef Raphael’s tip
You can dice raw chicken, season it then cook the till browned and cooked then add the cream and cheese before adding the cooked pasta.
For the cheese, you need to use Parmesan cheese, no other cheese can give you the same results as this.
For recipes and how to guides on various dishes including this one, LIKE my page www.facebook.com/chefraphael and discover your inner chef. “BE WARNED,THE PAGE IS VERY ADDICTIVE AND DELICIOUS!”
Follow me on twitter @chefraphaelkn