Recipe by Jen Comas Keck
This is a nutritious protein packed dish that you can make for breakfast. To ease your morning rush you can make a batch to last the whole week.
What you’ll need:
- 4 whole eggs
- 12 egg whites
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 avocado, cubed (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
How to make it:
1. Preheat the oven to 176.67°C.
2. Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat only until it’s cooked through, but not crispy, about 5 minutes
3. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and place one piece of the bacon in each tin, wrapping it around the outer edges.
4. In a medium bowl, scramble the whole eggs along with the egg whites. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Add the chopped red and green peppers, spinach, and diced chicken. Combine thoroughly and then pour the mixture into each of the muffin tins lined with bacon.
(Tip: A soup ladle will transfer the mixture without spilling.)
5. Bake until the eggs are fluffy and slightly browned on top, 30 to 35 minutes
6. Top with diced avocado and eat or refrigerate. Makes 12 omelet bites.