Saffron is the world’s most coveted spice, and for a good reason. It adds intense and unrivalled flavour to any dish. This is a simple recipe for a sophisticated dessert. The recipe is good especially during Eid ul-Fitr!
Check out the Saffron Mousse recipe for a lush and satisfying Eid treat!
- 2 cups of whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons of finely powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of saffron
- 1 tablespoon of warm milk
- ½ tablespoon for fresh ground cardamom powder
Ingredients for the garnish
- Few saffron strands
- Roasted almonds flakes (optional)
- Refrigerate the empty serving bowls for 30 minutes.
- Heat up a small pan for two minutes then turn off the flame. Place saffron strands in the pan for 30 seconds. Remove and slightly crush in mortar and pestle. Transfer to a medium size bowl and add milk. Set aside.
- Beat the cream in a chilled bowl with a mixer just until it forms soft peaks. Add the saffron and milk mixture with powdered sugar and cardamom powder. Beat for another 20 seconds.
- Scoop the mixture into serving bowls or cups and garnish with fresh saffron stands. Serve chilled
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!