This is a super simple recipe with very few ready to find ingredients but beautiful non the less. It has a
soft crumb and not too sweet but enjoyable to have.
250g Sugar(1 1/2 cups)
200ml Vegetable Oil(3/4 cup)
250 ml Milk(1 cup)
300g Self Raising Flour(2 1/3 cup)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Set and preheat the oven to 180C/350F Gas 4. Butter and line round/square baking tin with a greesefroof paper.
- Beat the eggs for a minute or until they start to foam then add the sugar and whisk til it turns pale in colour and thick.
- Gradually add the oil while whisking and beat til fully mixed.
- Add the vanilla,milk and mix
- Add the sifted flour and mix to form a pourable batter.
- Divide the batter into two equal parts then add the cocoa powder in one and mix completely.
- Using two same sized laddles have one in each bowl with the batter. Pour one scoop of the white at the centre of the tin and let it spread freely. Take the brown one and pour at the centre of the white and allow to spread out.
- Take the white and repeat then the brown and keep alternating till all the batter is finished.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven for an hour or until a small knife inserted comes out dry and the cake is browned on the outside.
The time is determined by the tin you use and how deep it is.
Allow to cool and serve.
Click here to view the guide of how to make this beauty of a cake.
For recipes and how to guides on various dishes including this one, LIKE my page www.facebook.com/chefraphael and discover your inner chef. “BE WARNED,THE PAGE IS VERY ADDICTIVE AND DELICIOUS!”
Follow me on twitter @chefraphaelkn