EatOut Kenya pursues a simple mission in all we do: to build a world class dining culture in Kenya (and soon, East Africa) by being the most comprehensive resource for everything food & drink related in the region. In line with this mission, we strive to develop content and provide information in creative, appealing, and easily digestible ways. Our Yummy blog, Yummy magazine, and social media platforms provide powerful mediums for us to revolutionize Kenyans’ dining experience. Our Yummy card program strives to make Kenya’s incredible dining scene accessible to more Kenyans.
As the Head of Digital Content Strategy, you will help us achieve this mission by driving the growth of EatOut’s content development – in quality, quantity, and readership – across our digital platforms. You will lead a team of staff writers to produce engaging, high quality content distributed through our digital channels –our Yummy blog and social media platforms – that inspires readers’ love for eating out and eating in. You will collaborate with the Lead Editor and the rest of the content team to develop a cohesive content strategy across all platforms.
EatOut is a fast-paced company, so at their core successful hires are enthusiastic team players and self-starters. We seek individuals who flourish in cross-functional teams and enjoy completing multiple projects under tight deadlines. Strong team members are flexible and open to trying new ways to deliver value.
- Manage Yummy blog, including delegating, writing, editing, and publishing articles
- Work with Lead Editor, Social Media Manager, and content team to develop cohesive content strategy
- Cover food events with photography and post-event write-ups as needed
- Identify proactively opportunities to deliver additional value to clients and develop campaigns to be implemented by the content team
- Develop strategy to expand YouTube content and implement
- BA/BS degree from a recognized university or equivalent practical experience
- Experience writing for an online publication
- Experience leading content development for an online publication
- Experience with event photography
- Ability to create high quality work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Ability to take content feedback and promptly incorporate it into any project
Please include URLs or attachments for a portfolio in addition to your CV. Submissions without writing samples included will not be considered.
Email your CV and portfolio to email@example.com by 22/02/2015. We will contact you if you have been selected to interview.