EatOut Kenya pursues a simple mission in all we do: to build a world class dining culture in Kenya (and soon, East Africa) by being the most comprehensive resource for everything food & drink related in the region. In line with this mission, we strive to develop content and provide information in creative, appealing, and easily digestible ways. Our Yummy blog, Yummy magazine, and social media platforms provide powerful mediums for us to revolutionize Kenyans’ dining experience.
As our Lead Editor, you will help us achieve this mission by editing and producing high quality writing that inspires readers’ love for eating out and eating in. You will focus on our print channels – both our own Yummy magazine and publications for which we contribute regularly – and develop a content strategy for restaurant clients in collaboration with the rest of the content team.
EatOut is a fast-paced company, so at their core successful hires are enthusiastic team players and self-starters. We seek individuals who flourish in cross-functional teams and enjoy producing multiple projects under tight deadlines. Strong team members are flexible and open to trying new ways to deliver value.
- Manage outsourced production of the Yummy Magazine, including producing EatOut-specific sections, confirming content covers commercial needs, and ensuring design and layout adhere to our brand’s style
- Develop content for print partners including Business Daily, Msafiri, and Nakumatt Smartlife
- Produce our weekly newsletter, from developing content to managing layout
- Provide photography coverage at key food-related events
- Identify proactively opportunities to deliver additional value to clients and develop campaigns to be implemented in collaboration with the content teams
- Work with EatOut’s content and marketing teams to develop and implement a cohesive content strategy
- BA/BS degree from a recognized university or equivalent practical experience
- Experience writing for a publication
- Experience leading content development for a print publication
- Experience guiding layout and design for a print publication
- Experience with event photography
- Ability to create high quality work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Ability to take content feedback and promptly incorporate it into any project
Please include URLs or attachments for a portfolio in addition to your CV. Submissions without writing samples included will not be considered.
Email your CV and portfolio to email@example.com by 22/02/2015. We will contact you if you have been selected to interview.