EatOut Kenya pursues a simple mission in all we do: to build a world class dining culture in Kenya (and soon, East Africa) by being the most comprehensive resource for everything food &drink related in the region. In line with this mission, we strive to develop content and provide information in creative, appealing, and easily digestible ways. Our Yummy blog, Yummy magazine, and social media platforms provide powerful mediums for us to revolutionize Kenyans’ dining experience.
As a Staff Writer, you will help us achieve this mission by producing engaging, high quality content distributed through our digital channels –our Yummy blog and social media platforms – that inspires readers’ love for eating out and eating in. You will collaborate with the Lead Editor, Head of Digital Content Strategy, and the rest of the content team to develop a cohesive content strategy across all platforms.
EatOut is a fast-paced company, so at their core successful hires are enthusiastic team players and self-starters. We seek individuals who flourish in cross-functional teams and enjoy completing multiple projects under tight deadlines. Strong team members are flexible and open to trying new ways to deliver value.
- Write and edit creative articles for the Yummy blog
- Cover food events with photography and post-event write-ups as needed
- Identify proactively opportunities to deliver additional value to clients and users to be implemented by the content team
- BA/BS degree from a recognized university or equivalent practical experience
- Experience writing articles for an online publication
- Experience writing about food and beverage
- Ability to create high quality work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Ability to take content feedback and promptly incorporate it into any project
Please include URLs or attachments for a portfolio in addition to your CV. Submissions without writing samples included will not be considered.
Email your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22/02/2015. We will contact you if you have been selected to interview.