Cake for most of us is like a cheat day treat. This is because we have cake that’s full of carbs and sugar. But what if I told you there’s a healthy alternative? A healthy keto almond cake that won’t take that much time to make and is just as tasty.
You can enjoy this keto almond cake for breakfast or as a snack before or after lunch in the evening. It’s low on carbs, gluten-free and there’s no artificial sugar used. If you use almond flour, you can use a different essence. However, if you use oat flour, make sure the essence is almond-based.
- 2 cups oat flour/almond flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- a handful of crushed almonds
- handful of lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder
- 2 tsps of almond essence
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup water/almond milk (you can add plain or vanilla Greek yogurt for a denser and moister flavour)
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together and add cocoa powder.
- Place the mixture in a baking pan and bake for about 30 mins at 350 degrees. Remember, if you have a bigger baking pan, lower the temperature to about 320 degrees which then adds the time to about 50 minutes.
- Top your cake with flaked almonds and enjoy!