If you’re looking to try out something different then luck’s on your side. This vegan strawberry cheesecake is quite quick to m to make since it requires no baking.
Be warned though; it is quite addictive because it’s that good. I’ve used a couple of ingredients that also make it super creamy and I would definitely recommend it as a dessert. Feel like switching your slice of cake for this vegan strawberry cheesecake? Feel free to do so!
I hope you enjoy it!
For the filling:
- 2 cup cashews soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple or golden syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup lemon zest
For the crust:
- One packet of digestive biscuits
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- A few sliced strawberries
For the crust
- In a food processor, combine the ingredients for the crust until the dough sticks together and is mostly smooth.
- Press the crust dough into the baking dish then set aside.
For the filling:
- In a food processor, blend the cashews until they become a pulp.
- Heat the maple syrup and coconut oil on the stove to room temperature. Then add the warm maple syrup and melted coconut oil into the cashews while blending.
- Puree this mixture until completely smooth.
- Add the coconut milk And combine with the cashew mixture.
- Add the vanilla and salt to the filling and finish blending until smooth.
- Lastly stir in the lemon zest. Then pour the filling over the crust.
For the topping:
- In a sauce pan on low heat, puree the strawberry preserves until they become a bright red liquid.
- Leave until it cooks and top this all over the cake to complete the third layer.
Notes: Freeze the cheesecake for 2-3 hours until it is solid. It will still be soft enough to eat or leave it out for half an hour before eating it